Sunday, May 4, 2008

Four months in Mass already!

It's been 2 months since I last posted, and tomorrow makes 4 months we've been in Massachusetts! (Tomorrow is also the day we met--el cinco de mayo--6 years ago! We always celebrate it.) :) Here are some highlights of the last two months...

Tommy had a birthday in March and we celebrated by eating breakfast as soon as he woke up in the afternoon (after his night job). I gave him those cool soccer shorts you see him in, and tickets to a New England Revolution game (pro soccer). Late that night we went out to eat and then drove to Cape Cod to spend a day there in a nice place. (In the restaurant photo he's wearing his favorite shirt--one Mom gave him recently. It replaced his last favorite shirt, a green one you gave him a few years ago, Mom!)





Tommy stopped working nights at Wal-Mart after a month because he got a good job offer that would mean he didn't need that job anymore. (I convinced him to quit since it wasn't really good.) He was supposed to have started by now, and we've been trying to work out our plans since he still hasn't started. We've had other options come up. I'm still working for the Boston Public Schools and I drive an hour or more each way through pretty crazy city traffic. I work in the "rough area of town" as everyone likes to tell me. The kids are 4 and 5 and are so precious! Wish I had pictures of them...

On April 15th, I had the day off work so we celebrated our anniversary by walking around a beautiful park (with water) not far from my workplace. We also had a little picnic there. Then, that evening we went to eat at my new place--a bakery and restaurant I bought and named! :) (I've never, in all my life, seen any place with my name, especially spelled correctly! I was amazed! And even more amazed when they told me they just made up the name--that there's no person it's named after.) We also stopped by a store that Tommy now owns. :) Afterwards, we went to the IMAX theater on the Boston harbor to see a U2 concert (in 3D). It was great.








On Saturday, April 26th, we went on a small sailing trip through Boston Harbor (a sailing club was offering free rides so we went on a whim!). An Afghan man and his two nephews were trying to get in on it right at the end (and so were we) so they took the 5 of us out together on the last ride! We had a great time getting to know them. The boys were great. I took some nice pics of Boston that day so I'll share with you...









It's been fun looking at everything you all have posted! Thanks for doing it! We get joy out of seeing the pictures and laughing. We loved what Barry picked for his bday dinner! And all the pictures of the little kids are soooo cute. :) And so are the big kids! (Happy Bday, Jefferson!! Sorry we missed you! I thought about you all day, and remembered the first time I ever saw you--it was a huge day for all of us!)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It looks like you two are having a great time!

I love the boating pictures!