The kids had such a fun Christmas. Nina counted down each day and they loved all the activities leading up to the big day--making treats (and eating them), opening the advent calendar, making and wrapping presents, decorating the tree, and for Satchel the ultimate was turning on the Christmas lights every night. He loves the lights.
Yesterday Nina said, "Christmas is over! What are we going to do now?" It didn't take her long to figure something out. Lindy and Aki had us this year, and they gave us wonderful things. One thing they gave is a book called "Toy Boat." Nina loves it.

It's about a little boy with a homemade boat, and she decided she needed a boat too. She wanted an exact replica, but Matt helped her create a great alternative with things we had at home. Here she is, showing off her new treasure. (She's holding her new Sleeping Beauty doll because that's who is going to ride in the boat.)
Now we're looking forward to a new year. But not looking forward to putting away all the Christmas decorations. Can't we just leave them up till next Christmas?
1 comment:
What a cute boat...I'm glad they liked the books and stuff.
My kids loved turning on the lights as well...heck, I love turning them on! I want them to stay on all the time!
I'm with you...let's leave the decorations up all year. :)
Post a Comment