Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cousins at the temple

In anticipation of this Christmas gift. The +12 years cousins who were in AZ at Thanksgiving took names to the Snowflake Temple. The hours spent by Grandma Mimi and Grandma Mary to find these people is very much appreciated.



Mitchell did the baptizing and Uncles Cord & Aki did the confirming. Aunt Amy counted the cards (they almost kept one) and took these off-centered pictures :/
Jackson, Cole, Sullivan, Alli and Estella were baptized for 49 ancestors.

While I (Amy) was waiting for the girls, the sister who was working in the baptistry told me that I would be able to see these names on the computer as having been baptized and confirmed by the time I got home. So when we returned, I asked Mimi about it and went to the site https://new.familysearch.org/ I was able to follow my ancestors back through the generations. I can see who needs things like personal ordinances, or being sealed to parents etc. It is at once amazing and humbling to think about.
Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa, for your work in the temple.

1 comment:

Barry and Risa said...

What wonderful pictures and what wonderful things you did at the temple. 49 ancestors were baptized and confirmed! That is so impressive, and we are grateful for your divine service and your efforts in providing this service. Thank you to each one who participated. Mimi is very grateful to you also. It helps make our work in the temple more meaningful. Love you all!