Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

As you all know, Easter for us this year was definitely more significant and applicable than perhaps we have felt in years past. I really did view it as a celebration. I was able to have a nice conversation with my kids, in regards to the recent passing of Grandma Gwen and Aunt Camie, about the death and resurrection of Christ and what that means for us. I couldn't help but laugh, though, when Ame earnestly asked: "Mom, since I'm going to have a perfect body, does that mean I'll get to wear a bikini?" Oh, dear...a clearer explanation of "perfect body" was provided. Again, Camie's illness provided a good teaching moment, and I'm grateful for that.

Aki was working today, so I was flying solo. I completely didn't realize that it was Fast Sunday, so was proud that I actually was on top of things enough to provide Easter "brunch" for my kids and give them their Easter baskets, and only when I provided treats to my Primary class and the kids protested did I realize that I might have a few parents upset at me. Oh, well.






HAPPY EASTER! WE LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Barry and Risa said...

Thanks for your lovely Easter greetings and for the great photos of the kids doing Easter things.
Much appreciated! We love you, too!