Saturday, November 3, 2012

Introducing Baby Vaha

Sorry for so many pictures, but you don't have to look if you don't want to! Here is grandchild #28, our son named Vahatau Semisi Tahilanu Funaki. I can't tell you how in love with him I am. He smells so good, is so sweet, and puts up with a lot of "love" from Tevi. We'll keep him.

Born at 9:35 PM on Friday, October 19. Vaha weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. and was 20.5 inches long.

Mama and son just after his entry into the world.

The morning after.

Aki's co-worker had a son the same day (just two rooms down)...check out the cheeks on that kid!

Makai's not sure what to think.

Symonie had taken Ame and Tevi to stay the night at her house. She brought them to meet their baby brother.

Tevi inspects the creature.

The Funaki Four

Daddy's boy

He is so precious!

Tevi wanted to take him to church ("I promise, Mom, I won't drop him!")
Sunday, home from the hospital

Think I need some sleep??

Vaha has had to be on the bili-lights to try to get rid of jaundice...so far it's not working too well.

Here he is going to bed on the lights--he absolutely hates them!

Much better.

Our little pumpkin...why so concerned?


Some of the beautiful flowers that brighten my days (thank you, Mom and Sym!)

And finally, a Happy Halloween from these hooligans. This year the costumes were lame, the traditions were lacking, but the kids got a good haul of candy, and that's all that matters, isn't it?

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Lindy these pictures are so great and sooo sweet! i can't wait to hold sweet baby Vaha! Thanks for sharing these!

Barry and Risa said...

We love the pictures. They help us feel closer to all of you and help us "know" the baby. Thanks for posting them.