Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ame's baptism & Vaha's blessing

Yesterday was a special day for our family. Aki baptized Ame then blessed Vaha. We enjoyed having so many family members here to support us, and feel grateful for the love shown by both my and Aki's families.
Ame woke up before 6 am and thought she should get ready for her baptism. Didn't want to dampen her enthusiasm, so I put her to work getting food ready for the lunch.
 (I spy Jude!)
We're so happy this beautiful family is soon to be plus one!
Ame with some of her good friends: Erin, Tylie, and Elise.
Cute cousins.
The man of the hour...thankfully he slept through everything.
Apologies for the blur. Cord & Heidi's family took off before we got a family photo, so I'm glad we at least have something!
(There's Nina! And Peanut!)  This is how the girls occupied themselves while the adults visited and boys played outside.
Where are their parents?
Attempt #2...not much better.
These two are not quite sure what to think of each other. Matt, thanks for always being a good sport (and for your help in the kitchen).
The wonderful priesthood holders who participated in the ordinances. Brig, Cord, Matt, Grandpa Vita, Aki, cousin Kolo, and younger brother Inoke (missing Scott Pratt).
Some of my favorite people. I hope the sun in your eyes didn't blind you.
After everyone was gone, I was glad to have little Vaha back to myself. I can't get enough.


2 comments:

Barry and Risa said...

Thank you for posting these great pictures. How we wish we could hug each one of you. We are so grateful to receive this peek into such a special day. Much love to Ame and baby Vaha especially.

RV U's said...

what a special time!