Monday, April 8, 2013

The Italian Sea of Galilee

Matt spent the day Saturday pulling a boat of disciples around, and loading/unloading 40 boxes of fish so they could film the miracle of the fishes. By the end of the day he said he was exhausted, starving and stinking of fish. :)

The person who took the first picture sent it to a guy here in the states, and that guy replied with the photo of Bogey in The African Queen. Haha!





In an email sent Monday, Matt said, "Today was good. Since we filmed on Saturday the rest of the crew was down today, but we worked doing some "gardening," or clearing away the largest weeds I have ever seen. These thistles were 8 feet tall and like 4 inch stumps. I'm glad I don't have to do it tomorrow, but it was fun to do for one day. Tomorrow we have our hopefully last day of boat work on the water. I'll be glad to be done with the boats, but sad to be off the beach because it is beautiful."

3 comments:

Barry and Risa said...

That picture of Matt hauling the boat containing the disciples is priceless. It captures so well the work he is doing there. Thanks for sharing it, as well as his comments, with us.

Heidi said...

I can't tell you how much I love the pic from the African Queen alongside the pic of Matt. Perfect!

It sounds like he is going to need a vacation when he get home!

Thanks for sharing the pics!

RV U's said...

These are sooo cool.