
Meet my main man G! This was the blog I was going to post all the way back in February 2009!! I wanted to introduce you all to him, but couldn’t manage to get it online. I had big ingtentions, as always, and somehow I’d still like to post the photos of him so you can see when we first got him. He was a blessing. I remember wanting Brig to see him. And now I think that all the family has met him! Just about! Is Jefferson the only one now that hasn’t met G Bear? It’s been two years, which is incredible.
This photo of him drinking water was the first photo I took of him on the first day he came to visit me at 7 a.m. The guy that helped rescue him had to go to Master’s classes and didn’t want to leave him in his apt so I “babysat.” It was with the idea of seeing if we’d like to keep G. In the first moments there was no doubt he was an awesome dog.
He looked around at everything, but never jumped or touched anything on a counter or anywhere else. I was amazed, because we were in the middle of moving into this apartment in Waltham still, and G walked around every little thing, including things that we ourselves messed up. He was super careful, including around flowers in vases all over the living room floor! That’s when I started to realize that we had something to be grateful for. What was I thinking bringing a DOG into an apartment that has stuff all over it and on the floor?


You can see how much younger he looked, and how skinny he was, too. The guess was always at about two years old or up to four, but we never really knew.
What a nice guy! Happy to sit and just be great. I really fell in love with him. He was just what I’d been wishing for—a police dog.

I finally got him a little bed set up—a blanket covered by a sheet. That would do for now
One day soon after we got G, we had to put our nephew’s car seat in the back of the car. So G kindly took the front passenger seat and was a star there, never giving problems. Every once in a while, he’d turn back around to check on him.
What a great passenger! Since then he’s become spoiled as we’ve given him the whole back seat. He gets funny sometimes if someone sits with him.
Found out he loved to chase balls. Tennis balls turned out to be his absolute favorite toy—not interested in much else!
Sat whenever we told him to, or when he knew there was a treat. He definitely came trained! Lucky us…



2 comments:
What great photos of G! Thanks for posting those and giving us a reminder of his arrival and his time with you. He's a great dog.
Camie--we remember when Tommy fed G peanut butter sandwiches in the car, when you were here in Boise. Bill the Dog was jealous and whining. We went to the co-op and you bought us Kinder Eggs! G is adorable and Bill misses him. (But he doesn't miss it when G drinks all his water...) We are so happy you came and can't wait for you to come back.
Love,
Georgie and Pearlie
Post a Comment