Thursday, October 25, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!!



Here's an October update from the Okie Udalls. Shayla had an ultrasound last week, and this is the picture they gave us. We don't know (by choice) what we're having, so take your best guess. So far it looks like we'll be having a skeleton or alien just in time for Halloween...
I had a great time watching the screen--and apparently so did the nurse--who rubbed the blue gel all over Shay's belly and her clothes because she couldn't take her eyes off of our beautiful skeleton.







Other news... I sold my truck and bought a 1994 Toyota Camry. It's great, and Dad would be proud. Meet "Clyde the Glide."










Here's a pic for those of you who haven't seen Shayla lately... The baby's gonna be huge, and yes, it's a Udall, and therefore, "all head."






Shay caught me snoozing after I had a catastrophic attempted root canal therapy, which resulted in a hematoma, several more-or-less sleepless nights, excessive narcotics use, and two days off of work. Two weeks later, and the swelling is still not completely gone. The best part: I have to go in next week so they can finish what they didn't before the hematoma!


We went to Provo for conference weekend to pickup the rest of Shay's stuff and were lucky to be there for Nina's birthday. Isn't this a cute picture?







Finally, here's to Todd Helton. What a feel good story, isn't it?































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! i love the pictures. especially the ultrasound one. :) and the "prom picture" of nina and will. :)

Camie said...

This was a great entry! I feel so updated I almost think I went to Oklahoma to visit you guys (just almost)! Thank you! I cracked up reading this, especially about the nurse! Clyde takes me back to the good ol' days of watching basketball at home.

So when are you due, anyway? Cute picture of Shayla... Brig's is well... I'm not sure which is scarier for Halloween, the ultrasound "skeleton" or Brig! Just kidding, Briggy!!! :) You look fine--it just makes me sad to see you looking that way, because I remember so well how you looked after you had jaw surgery. Very sad that was.

Love you guys and hope you get all better, Brig. Hang in there!

p.s. What happened with the player? I'm out of touch except, miraculously, with the family website.

Anonymous said...

Ooh Shayla good luck pushing out a big headed Udall. (Estella was 2% height & weight, 98% head circumference.) Brig, I got a night guard to try to help my jaw - doesn't help because all the stress of building makes me grind even worse. We miss you guys.

Lindy said...

Ha ha, I loved Alli's "prom picture" comment.

And Amy, I can't believe Stella's stats! Woah!

Brig, thanks for posting great pictures and updates. We love to hear from you and can't wait to see you at Christmas! (Why does the ultrasound say Shayla skinner?)